Saturday 23 April 2011

In my late forties I began to build a time machine





In my late forties I began to build a time machine.

A large part of freeing oneself involves a re-integration of the body. Freeing it from the disintegration inculcated by our culture (my culture at least) – this is not a fantasy . Mindfulness is an oddly inappropriate term for the integration of mind and body. Bodiedness, de-Cartesianisation (perhaps that sounds a little too much like De-Nazification?), I don't have a word for it. Words wont do for all we know. I have a body. It's protected me from some frightening situations, in particular car crashes. How Ballardian. In my mid 40's I began to realise I had a body. A few years later I began to construct a time machine that would use my body to resolve some pressing philosophical issues. I've placed more trust in my body then I could ever have imagined before. My faith in my mind has been betrayed time and time again. I'm not perpetuating a further split, I'm trying to make these complex accomplices work more constructively together.

No comments:

Post a Comment